My son was 9 years old then when he first repaired a retro Honda CR8O carburetor. The bike has been sleeping for years and the carburetor was filled with stinking fuel slime. He has to use picks, brass brush, small scraper and a screw driver to pry out the chunks of hard sludge sticking on the carburetor. He was a bit clumsy to spill some rotten fuel on his shirt and you know smelly rotten fuel is :)

Saturday, October 9, 2010

moving-on

This is his first experience to remove a scooter engine all by himself. I needed the engine from this scooter to be removed and since my son was still a bit heart broken about not finishing the CR80, I thought that he'll have a good time pulling the engine off of this bike and he did.

Since this was his first, he was so happy and contented with his work. He thinks that he did good in dropping the engine but the truth is he made a big mistake on how to hang the bike. He should have hanged it properly because the bike should have twisted and fall once he pulled the main engine hanger bolt but since I was watching him, I grab hold of the bike before he took the main engine hanger bolt.


This is the scoot that needed the donor engine. I installed the engine and did some minor repairs and got myself a good working scooter. Thanks for my son for helping me remove the engine from the donor bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment